Thursday, December 14, 2006

either shit or get off the pot

This is what my father told Sweetie when he asked for my hand in marriage. We had been dating at that point for 4.5 years.

However, this is also my motto for the new year. Either shit or get off the pot. Meaning - do something about it. I know it sounds simple. But I tend to get lost in what all needs to get done instead of focusing on one task at hand. I have noticed lately that a lot of my goals/desires go together. For example, I want to wear my smaller clothing, so I need to exercise, exercise will also help my health, improved health will help my self esteem, etc... Therefore, I need to get my butt out the door. Doing so will help many areas of my life.

Same thing goes with the house. I want a solid routine before starting to study for the CPA. So whenever something is bothering me or annoying me, I am going to try and do something about it. Nothing perfect, much like Flylady - a little at a time. But that is going to be my new thing. Shut up and do it. Exercise, weight loss, organization, health, CPA, relationships, and on and on.

While I might not be able to solve anything right then, I am going to work on a plan at least. A realistic, doable, non-overwhelming plan. Let's hope it helps. I am feeling motivated about it. And I am sure you all will hear about the results.

My real motivation is that 2007 will be my second year on my meds, my last year. I need to go into remission or they are going to want to do the radiation. So health and stress free have to be a focus.

And if you get a moment, make a snowflake - it is a great cause and a lot of fun.

Need a Snow Day?

1 comment:

Kate Giovinco Photography said...

That is my motto shit or get off the pot! Love that statement!

I also think this one is a good one:

No one will buy the ice cream truck if you are giving all the ice cream away for free.

Or dont do anything you would not want posted on the Front of the "philadelphia Inquirer" the next day. That is the big philadelphia paper!