Sunday, May 13, 2007

My Two 5k Weekend

This has been the best Mother's Day weekend. Friday night Sweetie and I got our race packets and enjoyed a nice dinner together.

Saturday started early. We were out the door by 6:45 am. This is the Chuy's Mascot. This is BestFriend before the race by the lake.

Sweetie and me before the race.

This is Sam. Sam was so sweet and walked with my slow ass the ENTIRE way. He listened to me bitch about the hills and we acted goofy together. He is such a great guy.

Here I am at the finish. Yes, that is Sweetie behind me. No, I did not beat him. After he finished (in 29:33), he came back on the course to meet me. He said he wanted to be with me when I finished. HowieMaui and her husband also made the 5k. Unfortunately, we lost them during the walk and shortly after. But she was awesome and also beat the hills. We had the worst service ever at Kerby Lane after the race. But we didn't let it get us down. MotoDiva and her Jeff were able to join our celebration lunch (Jeff completed a triathlon while we were doing our 5k). And I tell you, there is nothing better than a 3 hour family nap after such an exciting day.

And that brings me to today. Today was the Daisy 5k. This race was closer to home and a trail race. Since BestFriend was totally awesome with her 5k yesterday, 32 minutes and no walking, she decided the best thing would be to walk with me today. I greatly appreciated it. I went slower to make sure that I did not injure myself. The good news is that I was only one minute slower than yesterday. Mom was at the finish cheering us on, that was so wonderful.

Here are two pictures from the trail. BestFriend and me at the finish. And a close up of the daisy I received at the finish line. And now I relax before the family arrives. There you have it, two 5ks in a weekend. Yay! Tonight is a relaxing family get-together and then hopefully a bubble bath. Tomorrow starts my training for the IBM 10k. I am so looking forward to that.

Happy Mother's Day to everyone; mothers, grandmothers, and godmothers alike.

3 comments:

the greatest said...

Yay us!!! We are so amazing and we have a whole summer's worth of 5k and 10ks to do!

Elizabeth said...

How fantastic that you did this. Happy Mom's Day!

Kami said...

You are a super star!!