Wednesday, May 30, 2007

being an adult

Can I just say that being an adult can totally suck? I mean, yes, I get to pick my own bedtime, what I wear, what I eat, and neat things like that. But the realities of life just seem too real at times. I have not blogged directly about it, though I have hinted at it. Now I feel the urge to write about it. It looks like BestFriend and Jim are getting a divorce. This is our first set of friends, where we are friends with both, to go down this path. It sucks. I am lucky enough to be able to be there for both of them. They have not asked Sweetie or me to take sides. I appreciate this more than they will ever know. It makes me look at my marriage and to be so very thankful for what I have. Even through all the crap that we had to go through, I would not change a thing. Our relationship has changed, transformed, and evolved to where it is today. And I am very lucky to be able to say that I am very happy. All I want for my friends is the same happiness.

In other, much lighter, news - I am so excited. Tonight we get to pick up my reserved copy of Mario Party 8. Sweetie and I are having fun with our Wii. In fact, we are having so much fun that Sweetie has made the hard decision to quit FFXI, which he has played since 2003. I take it as a great compliment that he would rather bowl and play tennis with me than fight beasts without me.

With that, I am going to cut this short so I can go and pick up someone short. I also need to get the remaining items for the invitations. Her party is coming up so quickly. I cannot believe she is going to be TWO. How is that possible? My little buddy.

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

Friends that go thru divorces always makes things tough. Thank goodness they are not asking y'all to take sides.