Monday, March 05, 2007

and now we wait

Waiting. I am so very good at it. Seriously, I can wait and be patient about anything. It is THE best trait I received from my mother. You hear about impulse people. Not me, I would rather not have it today. I would rather not know now. I would rather wait patiently.

Or NOT.

I was good and I gave my blood. The Dr's office should get the results tomorrow and my appointment is on Wednesday morning. Now, I wait. I wait to see if my meds are working and if they need to be adjusted. This weekend I did not eat good foods. I didn't do horrible, but I did not do good. And that is ok. SIL#2 told me it looks like I have lost 20 pounds. She is my new favorite person. I allowed myself to eat what I wanted without binging. But today I am back on the beach. Today I am healthy again. While I hate waiting. I am feeling much less stress. I gave my blood for the test. I cannot do anything to alter the results at this point. The ball is out of my court.

Last night we went bowling with MotoDiva, BestFriend, and some other friends. We had the best time. I created a new sport, cardio-bowl. It is going to make me rich I tell ya. OK it won't but I looked very silly for the evening. And we laughed a lot - laughing is good for everyone.

And I have to add, I can't like it when my friends are going through rough times. I can't. I want to help, I want to make it better. Being an adult with adult decisions sucks.

2 comments:

Hyman said...

Hang in there, honey! All will be fine! Waiting is so hard especially when it comes to your health. I spent all last year waiting for this test result and that test result. It drove me nuts!

Being a grown up stinks sometimes.

I've got ya in my thoughts ;)

Tammy said...

I hate wait.

Hope all goes well!