Saturday, March 03, 2007

Very Wonderful Day

Today was a family day. It was a great family day. I truly love spending time with my little family. We enjoyed not one but TWO trips to IKEA today. The first was to get Bug new big girl bedding. We wanted something fun but not a comforter that dictated the theme of the room. I think we did great. We converted the crib to the toddler bed and almost have the big girl room ready.

The second trip was to begin the home improvement project four years in the making. We have officially started our flooring project. Started, meaning that we bought the first round of supplies. We are doing this in rounds. It will probably take six rounds for the full house, if we choose to do the bedrooms as well. This is determined by money as well as the amount of flooring my car can hold. For those of you who don't know, during spring break in 2003 I got FED UP with our carpet and I started ripping it up. Sweetie and I took on the task of ripping up the carpet in all rooms except the bedrooms and painted the concrete. We loved the way it looked. However, it is a bitch to clean and it is chipping. We did not seal it, only used paint - that is what the guy at L*owes told us to do. Now, I want something easier to clean and more finished. I am not complaining, we only spent $250 for our 2003 makeover. So now we are installing some nice maple flooring. I am sure progress reports will come regularly.

What else makes for a wonderful day? Dreaming. The whole day was us planning the future. We took a very long route home and we drove around talking and dreaming. We looked at neighborhoods that we really want to move into someday. We discussed how we want to stay in our current home until we are further along in my student loan payoff plan. That and we do love our little house.

So, if you come over to my house during the next two months, don't be surprised if you are put to work, of if we are working while we visit.

Oh that and a cafe vanilla frappachino - can I just say that is now my favorite drink. I know, not SouthBeach friendly, but anyways....

No comments: