Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Sick - be gone with you

Yesterday, I was home sick. I kept Bug home as well to make sure she really was over her crap. Today, I am home sick and she is at school. I went to the doctor like a good girl. I have a very bad sinus infection. But the good news is that he ruled out strep, bronchitis, and meningitis. You don't want to hear the doctor say "you are the sickest person today". Ya thanks. I left with three prescriptions. One for some good antibiotic, one for a decongestant and one for eye drops because for two days my right eye won't stop watering - yep infected. Fun.

I get my prescriptions and dream about my time to sleep uninterrupted. I even considered a bubble bath if time allowed. When I get home I get a call from Sweetie, who is at the last day of SXSW. He says he doesn't feel good. He might take off at noon and come home. Sure enough while I was trying to sleep as my decongestant had not kicked in yet, I hear him come home and get into bed. Note to self, next mattress get one of those where a bowling ball bouncing won't move a glass of wine. I finally get some sleep as my airways opened and I could breathe through one nostril.

I wake up and figure I will move to the living room. As I am leaving I wake Sweetie up and ask how he feels sick. He says his whole body feels achy and hot (yet, he is under the covers) and how the drainage hurts. So I check his temp, 102.x. I get him medicine and one of my decongestants. Good thing the Dr gave me extra.

I was taking care of Bug while she was sick and I was sick (can I get an AMEN for all the single parents out there, I don't know how you do it). I so looked forward to SXSW being over so I could get my knight in shinning armor back. Well, SXSW is over but instead of my knight I have a sick husband and myself to take care of. And I know he is going to be too sick to be of any use tonight.

And did I mention that decongestants make me bitchy?

3 comments:

Crista said...

Oh, I was so right there with you just a week ago! It sucks when everyone in the house is sick, toddler and husband and all. Hope you're all 100% better soon!

Oh, and loved the recent photos, though so sorry about Bug's big bump. Youch! She's such a cutie, though -- and looking more and more like you, don't you think?

terry said...

Hey now - my fever broke before 5PM that night. I was good enough to go out and get you dinner and play with bug, hehe.

But, yes, you are the super mom. Thank you for doing all you did over the weekend!

Patti said...

I hope "you are" not "the sickest person today"! Way to lift your spirits! Moron doctor!