Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Training

Today starts my 8 week training for the Chuy's 5k. A 5k is 3.1 miles. This is not a huge distance. My longest walk to date was 18 miles. However, I am focusing on exercising regularly, gaining some speed, and the most important - and the one I have to remind myself of - gaining a solid base of fitness before starting a running program. I have a bad knee so I need to stick to slow and steady. BestFriend and Sweetie are doing it with me, though they run. HowieMaui might even come. The main thing is finishing the "race" so we can all go and celebrate while wearing our t-shirts.

So I am writing about it here, to make it official, and hopefully, accountable. Today's workout is 1.5 miles. I am trying to take this nice and slow.

I have been thinking a lot about me and my life and working on changing some things. This is a part of this process as well. I won't bore you with the details, but I will keep you up to date on the progress.

The day after Chuy's is Mother's day. I also want to complete the Daisy5k that weekend. It is a 5k dedicated to mothers and has a DAISY as the logo. I am so there. So that is my goal - Chuy's 5k on May 12th and Daisy 5k on May 13th.

I even added them to my side bar. I am committed now. As well as adding the Blog Blowout graphic. So much fun, I cannot wait.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yea BestFriend, yea Sweetie, yea HowieMaui! :)

Anonymous said...

If you want another person to walk with, Gigantor, the Overfiend would enjoy coming along.

You did say "walk", right?

BestFriend and Sweetie can run all they want, although personally I think running is for the birds*...


*Err.. Penguins and Ostriches, I guess.