Friday, March 09, 2007

Uhad meets SXSW

For SPF - Scroll to the post below.

Happy Friday. Today I am in an overly emotional mood and I fear a spewing all over this post may be in order. Today is not bad emotional; not depression, not sadness, not badness.

Today I am feeling like me again. The depression started to lift on Thursday a week ago and then this week it is completely gone. I am feeling back in touch with the world, with reality, and with myself. This is a very good thing.

I am in the mood to feel life. This morning, as I left the house, I pulled over to take photos of a beautiful tree. Sweetie just smiled at me.

I am the kind of person who normally works in quiet. Songs distract me as I tend to listen intently. I can be perfectly happy with quiet. Sweetie is not this way. He has to have his music. Today, I am listening to music on my ipod on shuffle and I am getting my most favorite of songs. It is making me smile. Songs that helped me through hard times. Songs always get me through hard times. What I love about me is that I am able to listen to these songs that helped me through these times without reliving the pain/struggles. Instead I can see how far I have come, how different life is since then. I can look down the hole I was trapped in and acknowledge the fight to get back to "normal ground". Now I need to make sure I don't fall into the hole again.

Today is a good day. Sweetie is being way cool this weekend and attending the Interactive portion of SXSW. His work is paying him to go, lucky him. This means a girl's weekend. I am not sure what we are going to do, but we are going to have a blast.

At SXSW, Sweetie is passing out buttons with uhad on them. He called me after giving away the first one. It sounds like he is having a great time. I just hope he remembers to keep one for me.

So my goals for the weekend: walk, take photos of beautiful things, relax, enjoy my Bug, and chores.

2 comments:

Addy said...

Glad you are feeling better

I, too, have to have music in the background.

Hyman said...

Good for you!!!

Glad to hear things continue to head up for you!!

Hope you enjoy your weekend.