Thursday, April 12, 2007

Countdown begins

I realize that the decongestant in my allergy medicine makes me sad. Not depressed fully, but I see the hole and am trying with all my might to side step it. Last night I was on the couch not wanting to move. Sweetie and I planned to get caught up on the laundry. However, when he saw me on the couch he knew I wasn't feeling all that chipper. So he suggested we run to the mall. Mostly to get me out of the house and focused on other things. Well, as he knows me best, it did work. By the time we got back it was time for the Bitches chat and that completed my "get in a good mood" process.

Today it is hitting me that next week at this time I am going to be so very distracted as I will be preparing to leave for the Blowout. My to-do lists are swimming in my head. What do I want to wear? I ordered my t-shirt for the event, but we don't actually wear these when we go out. I might wear it for the drive down there. Do I want a manicure before? A pedicure? What all should I pack? Do I want a new bag? I have read many of these women's blogs and chatted with them. But I do not truly know them. What if they don't like me? How could they not, I am me. What if I don't like them? How could I not, they are hilarious. See how a girl can freak out?

At SXSW Sweetie got some stickers. They represent what you"do". Some are designers, programmers, and an accounting one (the one with the martini - hahaha I am so very funny - see how could they not love me). Anyway, there was also a blogger one. Yes, I am a blogger. For close to three years now I have blogged. Why do I blog? I started because Sweetie had a blog and I was trying to get closer to him. Then I got addicted.

Those who do not blog, do not understand. DarkDiva told us on Saturday that she does not "do blogs". She does not have one and she does not read them. That is cool. She said that she doesn't care how many times someone has a bowel movement. That made me laugh. Sweetie says there are basically two kinds of blogs - 1) those that have a theme (like politics or design) and 2) feed your cat blogs. These are blogs that say when they fed their cat. Yes, I have a "feed my cat" blog. I tell you about my life without a set agenda or theme - other than the theme being me, but it is all about me.

I first blogged as a way to set goals for people to read and maybe make me stick to them - HA what a concept. Then I used it to journal my pregnancy. Now I use it to document my highs and lows with my depression and Graves', being a working mom, and other nonsense. I do not alter what I write because of who might read, though I try not to rant too much about people I love. I am who I am here. And yes, when you are a blogger, you think in terms of what you want to write about next. BestFriend is officially a blogger now :-)

I am not a high profile blogger. I do not receive many comments. No pity party here. I love every comment I receive, but since I don't write for you, I don't expect a comment. But something funny happened along the way in this blogging journey, I met people. I met people I would have never met. I first met Katie on the Expecting board over on ivillage. One of the threads discussed blogs. So, I found her her site. Through her, MamaBee found me. She was the first one to ever blogroll me and I love that. I found the bitches through Katie too. One day she had a "way back Wednesday" photo posted. It was an assignment from TKW. Through reading comments and then reading their sites, I found some wonderful women. The Bitches, it is not a negative term, are the ones I get to meet next week. NEXT WEEK. I cannot wait to put faces and voices to the blogs and photos that I have seen. I am so excited.

Even more importantly, I cannot wait to go. This will be my longest journey alone. I am so excited. All me, baby. All about me doing scary things. All about bringing out the real Missy.

Because it is important, I went to the bank during lunch. No the bank is not the important part, the lunch was. There is a Delaware Subs there so I thought I would try it. While it was good, it was not as good as Thundercloud. Just an FYI.

Walking should pick back up on Monday. My leg is doing so much better, but it is still tender and I hit the scabbing phase. Yucky. Then I will have 4 weeks until Chuys and Daisy. AWESOME. I have not fully decided if after my 5ks if I am going to focus on being a really fast walker or try my attempt at running. I have a spreadsheet on each option. I know, I know, it is how I am.

CPA review is coming up soon and I am so very excited. I know that is sick. But I do love to learn.

And, of course, I am interrupted by work. Ok more later.

3 comments:

Kat said...

Well, I'm pretty darn sure I have a 'I fed my cat' blog. :P

Girl, I am so psyched to meet you in person! The very first blowout, I was so nervous too! What if the girls I am so excited to meet hate me? ACK! Not the case, we all find each other because we all really do have a lot in common.

Worry not, this is a very friendly group who LOVE to meet new people and especially bloggers in person! I think we are more worried you won't like us!

I did find it hillarious when meeting people in person that I had a 'picture' and 'accent' in my head already assigned to them, so seeing/hearing them for real was different!

It will be sooooo much fun, and even though you already have plenty, I just might try to send you home with a kitten or puppy. :) hee hee!!!

Wm. said...

Blog power! You're an awesome and dedicated blogger--and I can only hope to have as much blog faith as you do. Blogging is a great way to sort through your own thoughts. And for some reason I think that if Charles Dickens or Jane Austin--or even Shakespeare--were alive today, they would be some of the most prodigious bloggers in town.

Anonymous said...

Carrie doesn't have a feed my cat blog...she has an adopt this cat blog. I call her my little cat pusher since she's always trying to get me to adopt one.

This will be my first blowout too. I probably won't be able to participate in a lot since I've got homework out my wazoo but I'll make it a point to go find you and say Hi when I do get to do something.
:-)

And I guess as I've become older (more jaded, whatever) I've just come to accept that I won't like everyone and they may not like me but that's fine because those that are the closest to me are what matters the most.