Sunday, April 29, 2007

I gots a box, now I need some back

As promised, a picture from my pinhole camera. Well, it is my pinhole camera. However, it is actually my digital placed inside my pinhole as we could not get the items needed to make my baby work properly. Based on this photo, I am excited about getting all the needed items. Yesterday was a busy family day. We went to Wolf camera. They were not the nicest people. We mentioned pinhole camera and we got a look like we were idiots for not using the latest technology. Hello, this is an art, and pinhole is an art as well. We were sent to Precision Camera.

Due to a Bug falling asleep in the car and being spontaneous, we went to Barton Creek Mall. This is a trek for us. I used to work close by there, but since getting my current job, anything more than 5 miles seems so.very.far. And since gas prices hit 2.79, we decided it was time for a road trip - please note sarcasm. One of the reasons we went to the mall was due to the Apple Store - I am trying to decide if I NEED a shuffle for my walks, and we needed to look up the address for Precision Camera and they are hooked up to the internet. See, I have a point here.
The people at Precision Camera were awesome. The minute we mentioned the camera they were intrigued. We brought it in (as we were prepared and had it in the car) and the first comment was "this looks exciting". Long story short, or well not as long, we need to purchase a backing from polaroid. This isn't bad, but it is $200. Then we will be set up. Sweetie is very excited about it. I love it. MIL came over last night and he went on and on about how he can't wait to see what I do when we have it fully functional. And then we laughed as he gave it to me at the start of the CPA process and it is the exact opposite of what he is getting me when I pass all four sections. When I pass, I get what the bitches so nicely refer to as a BAMF, a digital SLR.
After our fun, we needed a nap. All three of us are suffering from bad allergies, they are allergies and nothing more. I honestly think that is the case, all snot is clear with my group - I know TMI. But I cannot help but worry. And I am pretty sure Bug lost one of her tubes yesterday and she has been complaining about her ear. Ugh.

Today has been our normal errands and a family walk. Tomorrow starts my CPA review. I am nervous, but also excited. It is just a matter of getting our schedule in sync. Sweetie is beyond helpful and offering any help that will ensure success. I need to make sure to send off my "may I please take the CPA test" form with my $75. It is so silly. I am already approved application wise, but I have to fill out this form each time before I plan to sit. Such is life.

Close call there, Alias started coming on the TV. Sweetie HATES Alias. I had to change it fast, lol.

2 comments:

Kate Giovinco Photography said...

that sounds so cool about the camera!

You will love your BAMF when you get it!

I love the MAC store and I love my Mac!

Oh get yourself a shuffle if you work out you need one!

Wendy aka Cheeky said...

Best thing for working out/walking/running is my iPod. LOVE IT......

Woohoo can't wait to see your artsy pics