Monday, April 02, 2007

golden heart

I have not had a post like this for awhile, don't want my readers to be completely bored. But this one I cannot pass up.

Why I love my Sweetie: Saturday night we were at Main Event for MotoDiva's 35+5 b-day party. We had a lot of fun. There is a rock wall there. Sweetie and several others climbed. DarkDiva and her oldest (5yo) were among the group. This was Lily's first climb. Sweetie was so wonderful and helped her up. Her mom was behind her and Sweetie beside her. She not only made it to ring the bell once, but twice. She was awesome. And Sweetie was himself and so awesome for helping. DarkDiva was very appreciative of his help. The funny thing is that he never thought twice of it. He loved every minute of it.

Then this morning we were dropping Bug off at school. While we no longer carpool we both go to her daycare to drop her off. I love this. Sweetie and I have been named "the cool parents". We are the ones who come in and chat and who know all the kids. We hug the other kids and play with them. Bug is totally cool with this and shares us. We even have other children cry when we leave. Being the cool parents is awesome. We have never thought twice about talking to the other kids, even when they were infants. As we walk past the big kid play ground to the toddler playground, I see a little girl against the wall crying. It broke my heart. After dropping Bug off, we walk back by. Sweetie instantly stops and talks to the girl with me. It was her first day and she missed her mommy. We explained how she was going to have fun and told her how cool her turtle pants were. Bug's last teacher was close by with her group and asked another girl to come over and make a new friend. The girl came up and I asked if she would play with the new girl. She agreed. Soon two more girls arrived as well as her teacher. We told the teacher what we told her about her cool pants and having fun. When we went inside, I grabbed Sweetie's hand and said "this is why I am married to you".

I know it doesn't seem as awesome in print. But this man loves kids. He thinks nothing about helping, playing, or hanging out with them. He is the most awesome father because of this. The best part is that we are both like this. God-willing we are going to have more children. But even if that doesn't work out as planned, I know we will adopt as many as we can afford. There is no other person in this would that I would rather have as a partner in this whole parenting roller coaster.

I love you, Sweetie.

2 comments:

Kat said...

That was an awesome post! Sweetie indeed sounds like a special man!!!!!

terry said...

And there is no other person I would want by my side as the mother of my children, be they natural or otherwise.

Mostester.