Thursday, October 20, 2005

At Work

Yes, it is another long day. All I have to say is that I am leaving early tomorrow and not stepping foot in here until Monday.

My Sweetie is so wonderful with picking up the slack. OK what slack, he does everything. Well he is wonderful about picking up Bug and entertaining her when I have to work late.

I am very happy right now. My friends are amazing. I am so truly blessed with the friends that I have. The two women from the reunion are already planning our next get together. My greatest guy friend ever, Thomas, from high school is coming to visit in February. I cannot wait. I plan to take a day off from work to spend time with him and his wife. Plus the Divas and Mars have been a great support network during this stressful time.

You know, I have never mentioned Mars. She and I were best friends way back in the day. We met at church and she moved away when I was in 5th grade. Well, over the summer she came back. YAY. I have not had the chance to meet up with her, but it is coming and I cannot wait.

It is strange, my co-worker friend Tiffany, has really turned into a real friend. In spite of her being barely 22, she is awesome. In many ways I feel like the big sister with her - crazy crazy girl. However, I have to admit she was the second reason for my staying here, that and the time off.

So why am I blogging if I should be working? My boss has me on "stand-by" for when he finally wants to discuss my accounts. That is ok. I keep thinking next quarter has to be better. Plus I keep looking forward to the week off that I am taking in between Christmas and New Years. Bug and I are going to live it up.

This has been a hell-of-a three weeks. But as my Sweetie says, it will be worth it. Now back to that studying aspect. I have to get onto that. My temp at work (who is now a full time employee) is also studying for the FAR section to test the same time as me. To motivate myself I suggested we study during lunches together. I know you all must be freaking out if you know anything about her. However, I cannot have her pass and me fail. Whatever works for motivation, right?

I cannot believe Halloween is so soon. Last Halloween was so wonderful. No one at work knew I was pregnant. It was my secret. This year I get to show off a little cow. That is what we need to do this weekend, the remainder of her costume and photos.

Oh and Sweetie is all better. Of course he is. This is his normal course. He gets sick about every 6 months or so, is dying for less than 24 hours, and then is normal again. This one lasted 22 hours.

1 comment:

Tiffany said...

Awww.....see I knew you liked me. Don't worry I won't tell anyone. We can still be mean to eachother at work. ;-)