Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Interview

As Tiffany, my co-worker and friend said, the interview was not perfect. There were not any huge alarms like with the SKIDS interview. However, I did not rush home wishing and hoping to get it. The time off, vacation wise, would be 1/2. I have to decide if half the time off is more important or if 7k is. I was really looking forward to taking 4 weeks off next year with my Bug.

So I got into work late, as expected, and I did not leave until almost 9. The biggest difference is that I did not mind. My boss was more like his old self today. Maybe he was just PMSing as the AP manager said.

Boss' day is Sunday. I think I will get my boss a card or something.

So what changed? A few things. I believe it is all about state of mind. I am trying very hard to be happy there. Life is too short otherwise. Also my Sweetie and I got onto a discussion about what we would say if Bug hated her school and wanted to quit going. I turned and said "I would say that she can't quit, and instead focus on helping her find a way to make it bearable". I went quiet and said "I have to make it bearable before I leave." Then my Best Friend had me write my boss a letter telling him how I feel. However, she told me not to send it until the next day. I believe she knew what she was doing. She told me my first draft would be emotional. It was. However, I got it out. Although I didn't send it, I got into a better place with everything. Hard to describe. Then there was the interview. I "stepped out" on my company. I set up the meeting secretly and discussed changing my place. However, once I was there, it wasn't perfect, it made me realize that my work isn't so bad. Not that this place would suck or anything.

Now everything could change tomorrow. I will honestly consider everything if an offer is made. However, if it isn't, I won't be jumping out any windows.

My Sweetie is just so wonderful. He has no trouble taking care of Bug when she needs it. It makes me relieved. And now it is time for bed. 6:00 comes early.

No comments: