Friday, November 25, 2005

White Roses

I am on the couch with Bug sleeping on me. I am absolutely in love with my life. It doesn't matter that my job sucks and I am not prepared for my test. I have a husband who adores me, and makes Thanksgiving fantastic. I have a home that I adore. Small but very us. Even with how we have changed over the years it is still us. We are listening to the "Magic of Christmas" on 95.5 - nonstop Christmas songs until Christmas. "Mary did you know" is playing. My mom and I love this song. While the Kenny Rogers song is good (he does sing mine and my Sweetie's song, "Lady"), we prefer Kathy Mattea's version on her album "Good News". This song really gets to me this year.

I had a headache all day. Now that I am doing better, I have a baby on me. It is ok. My Sweetie made a very good point. I was stressing about my test, not being ready and all. He said "Aren't you more stressed that you will pass?" I stopped and questioned what meant. He reminded me that once I pass one section, I only have 18 months to pass the remaining three. If the 18 months pass and I do not pass the other three, I lose the credit for all tests and have to start all over. That is a little overwhelming. This statement took a lot of stress off from me. He is the best ever.

Yesterday was wonderful. We ate in the evening. Sweetie BBQ'd the turkey, took half the time. After dinner we all simply sat back and talked. I caught everyone up on my work and Sweetie talked and talked and talked. If you know him at all, you know he can talk it up. I love it.

Tonight, we are putting up our Christmas decorations. It is yet another tradition. While we decorate we eat leftovers from the day before - yum ham sandwiches - and watch Miracle on 34th street. It is so much fun. I love the Christmas season. This one is so very special. Bug, of course, has no clue. However, I do, and that is all that matters.

The title? I am currently looking at the wool roses that Sweetie gave me in January for our 7th anniversary. So beautiful.

No comments: