Sunday, November 06, 2005

A Wonderful Day

This morning began so wonderfully with me waking to a talking baby. If only I knew what she was saying. It was only an hour after her last feeding so I knew she wasn't hungry. I listened for a few seconds smiling, I love listening to her babble. I run in and hug my beautiful baby. We play and snuggle and end up sleeping on the couch all snuggled for over an hour.

The baptism was fantastic. We sat in the front row with our best friends. Such a beautiful day. During her actual baptism she did not cry. She looked very confused as to why she needed her hair washed again today. She was so wonderful. At one point during the service she got a little antsy. I took her to the cry room. There was a mom in there already, to another girl that was baptized. We had a nice talk. Her daughter is 1.5 months older than Bug and they live close to us, I am thinking potential playmate.

My Sweetie was so cute. He wanted to get Bug a Bible for the baptism. We went to the Christian Bookstore yesterday. He found one right away for her. It came up that he did not have a bible to call his own. He proceeded to look for a bible for himself. This took quite some time as he sat down and examined the different kinds. Alas, he did find one for himself. Having Bug has really brought out our faith. I love it.

After the baptism, I decided that I did not want to deal with a restaurant - getting seated, splitting the check, not being able to hear everyone, and Bug getting cranky. So I had the idea for everyone to bring food to a park near our house. This is a park I used to go to as a child. Sweetie thought it was a great idea. It was perfect. Sitting in the shade at a picnic table, bug could make noise without causing distractions. Everyone had food they wanted and we could hear all conversations. It was perfect. After a couple of photos, we changed bug into a more comfortable outfit that would allow playing. Don't worry, I will post photos as soon as they develop. She was so beautiful in her dress.

Yesterday was also DarkDiva's youngest's b-day party. Bug's first non-family kid party. She did great. She watched the older kids with amazement, how do they do that running and sitting? She even went down her first slide. Then last night MIL and Niece came over and we all went out for icecream sundaes. What a treat.

Bug has had a huge weekend and the next one is going to be at the same fast pace. I am currently writing this as Sweetie, Mom, and MIL solve puzzles. And, understandably, Bug is sound asleep.

I am so happy. Nothing better than being in your Husband's arms while watching your daughter receive baptism.

Oh and I am just going to add that my AC was running a few minutes ago. Come on, it is November.

No comments: