Friday, October 06, 2006

Hello Happiness, I've missed you

Today is a very good mental health day, very good. Not sure why. Lunch turned into me driving for an hour and getting nothing done. Our mechanic, the one we trust and love. The only one we trusted our cars with, the only one who has seen my car, is no longer there. They said they fired him and back tracked when we said that was why we went there, very strange.

Last night was a great dinner with HowieMaui, a thank you for taking care of her pets this past weekend. It was very nice and yummy - but sorry it made you sick. And then today a great conversation with BestFriend reminded me that I am so very lucky with my friends.

Life is good.

Today I feel like the depression is somewhere else for a little while. I hope I don't jinx myself. I also have some of my b-day planned. Friday night is looking like the night with my friends. Not sure where, but I want Friday with the whole tribe, Saturday with Sweetie, and Sunday with my family.

So if you are a friend keep the 10th open, if you are family keep the 12th open.

I am just smiling today. That is a nice change.

I think the biggest thing is that I realized that I am the only one who can get me out of this. I am the one in charge of my feelings; I am the one in control. And I sure do like control. Control and attention - see what neat things books teach me. But anyways, this is my life. I cannot let anyone or anything take away my happiness. It is not fair to me. So I am pulling myself out.

I know I will feel sad from time to time. And I know that is ok. I know that my chemicals like to have some fun, and they can, as long as they don’t go too far. One day - that is all. Then I have to pull myself out again. My life is far from perfect. But I have a great family, wonderful friends, a nice job, and a husband that I am falling in love with all over again. I am lucky.

This weekend is nothing planned. I love it. We are going to veg and enjoy each other. We may start on some projects, we may not. I just want some good time with my Sweetie and Bug.

This weekend will also be about eating healthier and drinking all my water. Weekends are always hard for both of these.

Happiness is good. Even with allergies, it is good.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mental Health Days are the best!

the greatest said...

the 10th is all yours. do you know what you want for your birthday?