Monday, October 16, 2006

Weekend Update

If you brought all the world leaders and decision makers and put them in one room, I am convinced of peace. That is if the room was where a Blue Man Group concert was held. If you have not been, you must go. We saw them first in Las Vegas in March 2000, then at the Backyard in August 2003, and now at the Frank Erwin Center in October 2006. The reason I think peace would be possible, is that, as humans, we are a bunch of sheep. We do what we are told. "Megastar Movement #3, jump up and down" - and everyone does it. We did not have the best seats, but the advantage was that we could see the people below us. And everyone was following along, just like we were. The best part was that we had our own row. Our row was only our two seats, very nice and private. The evening started with Sushi at our favorite place. OMG Spicy Susan Roll is sooooooo good. We got a great booth and enjoyed cuddling while eating food and enjoying our drinks. Due to the concert not ending until close to 10:30 on a Sunday, we decided it was best to skip the Cheesecake factory this time. We picked up ice-cream, bug, and went home. It was a great date. What makes a great date? Conversation that brings you closer, food that makes you feel indulgent, laughter filling the night, and sweet kisses that melt your knees. And quite frankly, ending the evening in bed with ice-cream and a toddler didn't reduce the greatness at all.

Friday night was a change from the norm. BestFriend, her husband, and Sam came over to celebrate BF's DH's b-day. At 9:30 BF and I went to Kerby Lane and joined MotoDiva and IronDiva for dinner. It was very nice. That silly IronDiva, she makes me want to walk again. I am thinking of doing the Austin Half Marathon in Feb. We shall see, I also hope to sit for a portion of the CPA around that time. Too much to do and too little time.

Saturday was the laziest of days. OMG we have not had a day like this in quite some time. In spite of the boys not finishing their games until 3:30am, we got up at 8 (not too hard when there is no alcohol involved) and started our day. We ate breakfast, watched TV, played, read, checked email, snuggled, and all in our PJs. I then made grilled cheese (Sweetie's all time favorite) for lunch. Love the play by play don't you? Well, it is important. We napped for 2.5 hours after lunch. When we woke up we knew it was finally time to get dressed and "start" our day. We went and checked on Sweetie's grandpa and made him dinner - Bug feel asleep so she and I waited in the car. We went to B&N - had to buy the last book for Unfortunate Events, and ended at the store buying fixin's for dinner. A really great day. The only down side was that I pulled a muscle in my back and was in a lot of pain during the evening. I even took one of my pain killers that I got for my c-section. Not fun. But it did not ruin the day.

The best part of Saturday? While I was with Bug in the car, I had the windows open and the radio playing. I don't remember what song was playing, but I was singing along - as always. Then the most amazing thing happened. As you read this, keep in mind that I am VERY into signs. I had a lady bug fly in from the passenger window and land on the dash board. This was a very large and healthy lady bug. I watch it and as it crawls it falls onto its back. I gently touch its legs and it clings to me. I take it out of the car, make my wish, and it flies off, on its own with a very strong flight. I must have looked like a giddy school girl.

It was a great weekend. Now back at work. Sweetie is trying to figure out a day that we can both take off for an "us" day. That sounds wonderful. Oh and in other random news, I have not bitten my nails in over a week. Today marks day 8. This is my worst habit, and it has not been easy. But yesterday I gave myself a French manicure. Hopefully, it will make me want to keep them pretty.

Now the planning for my b-day gets into full force. I want to exercise at least 30 minutes a day, five times a week until the day. I also would love for us to finish our bed room, paint, curtains, and that kind of thing. My dream is to get the flooring that we want installed. I wonder how long the professionals take. It might be worth the cost.

OK I need to do some actual work today, lol.

No comments: