Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Home With a Bug

Yesterday I had to leave work early to pick up a Bug. She had a low grade fever and didn't feel well. By the time I picked her up her fever was gone and I was convinced that it was an elaborate plan to be able to go home and snuggle with mommy during the rain.

She was feeling good until about 6pm yesterday. At that point she threw up a couple of times. The past has proven that she is normally better after getting it out of her system. So we thought she was better. She slept with us last night and she threw up several more times during the night. She and I were in the shower at 12:50am. Poor bug. So I am home with her. She is in my arms sleeping. She needs her mommy. Nothing makes me feel more like an adult, and human, than having a child sick and not knowing what to do. Sleep is good though. I may blog several times today as I am at her mercy for movement. Luckily I have my computer, lol.

Last night was yet another reminder of what a great team Sweetie and I make. We are the kind of parents who are both "in it". I love that. I love that while I was cleaning Bug he was changing the sheets. I love that we both were worried about her. I love that he is coming home for lunch because he wants to be close to us. There is no other man that I would want beside me in this challenge called parenthood.

In spite of my sick Bug, today is a good day!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

:( Hope she gets better.