Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Choosing to be happy

Today is a good day. This weekend was good too. Other than some drama on Friday night, the weekend was enjoyable with Niece's b-day party on Saturday and errands on Sunday. It was very nice. The veil of depression lifted. However, it came back down some yesterday as I was not feeling well.

But today is a good day. And that is all that matters. However, today my tummy is bothering me. I don't know if it is what I had for lunch or something else. The part that sucks is that my company brought in BBQ for lunch. It was very yummy. Honestly, all I want right now is my low fat mint chip ice cream. Mint is so nice and soothing.

I had a dream about riding a bike. that I was doing a century ride for Team in Training. Who knows, maybe that is my next step? Only problem is the cost of a bike. And I would love for Sweetie and me to do it together. But normally my dreams are running dreams, and this one was biking, so I wonder what it means.

I am tired again today. I thought I slept good last night too. I hate being tired.

I am happy at work so far. That is a good thing. But today I truly am counting the minutes until I go and get Bug. I just want to take a nap with her. I know we will regret it at 11 when she is still awake, but it sounds divine right now.

Tomorrow is counseling session #3. After this one we have to decide if we are staying with the same guy, if we like him and if he takes our insurance, or if we are going elsewhere for our brain massages. The good news is that we are still working away on the books that we have. I feel like I am getting closer to knowing the true me, my authentic self.

I know it sounds lame. But so far I have gotten a lot out of these books. I am a firm believer in educating yourself. That is prob why I have more self help and exercise books than most libraries, ok not that bad, but many. I feel that I am always on the search for more knowledge about myself, more insight into what I do and how I react. I love psychology. I love looking at situations and seeing signs, known or unknown to those involved at the time.

Sweetie and I want to start a hobby or join a group together. Where do you find ideas for this kind of thing? We are not sure what we want to do; we just know that we want to do it together.

At my last job there was a woman I liked greatly. She is one I miss a lot. On her corkboard she had this saying "It is better to learn to love what you have than to yearn for what might have been".

I think this saying has some good points. While some see it as settling, I see it as keeping your reality in tact. It is easy to get lost in the stars, the past, or many other things that are not reality.

Today I am choosing to be happy. Today I am choosing to be grateful for everything that I have. Today is my choice.

No comments: