Sunday, October 29, 2006

How Now Brown Cow

Our verdict? We stayed home to work on our room. Mostly because I have never been 4 hours away from Bug. This proved to be the correct choice as leaving her was hard and Sweetie admitted that adding distance is not yet the best idea. Friday night we went and, much to Sweetie's dismay - well not really - we watched "Grudge 2". It was not as good as the first. But it still freaked Sweetie out *grin*. He says while he does not like scary movies, he likes watching them with me.

Then Saturday began the fun. We woke early and headed out for breakfast. We ended up at LaMadeline's. We had never had breakfast there. It was so good. Yummy crepes and croissants. When we got home we began the fun of redoing our bedroom. Our bedroom has been neglected. It has been the room where things get shoved when company is coming. From where I sit right now, I am ashamed of how bad we let our bedroom get. We did not let anyone see the room unless absolutely needed. Right now it is the only room I would want anyone to see.

We sorted through mail, clothing, shoes, nic-nacks, books, videos, etc... We went through absolutely everything in our room. This caused a drop off today at the local goodwill with a carload full. I even found old correspondence from a once dear turned horrible "friend". I received much happiness in burning the letter.

We then taped, set up drop clothes, and covered the window and doors. The painting began. It went quickly once we finally started it. The cleaning, sorting, and organizing took a long time. We used a spray gun for the painting. I hoped it would make the project go faster, and I was correct.

We finally got to bed around 4, that is AFTER we set the clocks back. We got up at 8 this morning and finished the job. We had the pleasure of putting everything back. Actually that was the best part. Waking up to take down the tape and coverings was like Christmas morning. It was very exciting.

The result? The best weekend with Sweetie in a long time. We realized this morning that through the whole process we did not argue, get frustrated, or disagree in the slightest. In a word it was - awesome. Our bedroom is our favorite room in the house, as it should be.

I am now in bed, exhausted. Bug is in my arms, man I missed her. We purchased new sheets today, they feel so comfortable. Sweetie is already passed out. Our weekend was so amazing. I fell in love with the guy all over again.

Two weeks until 30. I am ready. I have my grown up bedroom.

Thank you, Sweetie. It was exactly what I needed.

Sweetie won't let me post the before photos, but here are the after - only items pending: our new window treatment and deciding where to put my bears.




3 comments:

Grammy G said...

The room turned out so great. You should both be proud of yourselves.

Crista said...

It's lovely!! So glad you had a nice weekend, topped off, of course, with Bug snuggles. :)

Anonymous said...

Wow! You guys worked your asses off! It's all warm and cozy!