Friday, June 08, 2007

Bob Damnit!

B-day was great yesterday. I will include all about her day after the party tomorrow. Today the post is about me. I got my test results. I got the ever so great news - AGAIN - that my thyroid levels are great and to keep on the meds the same. UGH, are you kidding me? However, my white blood count is high so I have to go see my GP on Monday. At that time I am going to ask about my exhaustion. I am sure the counts are high because of a sinus infection. I feel like pooh pooh with my allergies. So I am sure I will be back on antibiotics - FUN!

My mood is crap today. I feel out of control. Blah.

But I heard the funniest, and scariest thing ever. On the radio I hear "we are seeking sexually active women between the ages of 18-45 to participate in a investigational trial of birth control", WTF? A trial on birth control. LOL. I can see it now, child you are here because I got the sugar pill in the trial" - hahahahahaha. OK so it is my sense of humor today. I mean I know they have to test this shit, how else do they determine the 99% effective rate. But how funny is it to have an ad for something as serious as birth control?

My mom thinks I need retail therapy. I already planned on leaving early to pick up some items for tomorrow, less the cakes which have to be picked up tomorrow morning. However, she is trying to get me to leave even earlier and go shopping first. My boss is out of town and his boss just said she is about to leave. hmmmmm.

2 comments:

TheStolenOlive said...

I got a call from my neurologist (aka "drug dealer") saying my white blood cell count was too high too. Scared the living day lights out of me.

Turns out it was caused by the medicines the nitwit drug dealer had me on. I'm like wench you should have known this crap.

Drugs like Topomax are known for causing white blood cell counts to rise. You might want to check into that.

And no.. it's not just your sense of humor today... that is totally screwed up. Yeah, sure ... trial birth control.

Rhonda said...

I heard that same ad and thought the same thing you did. Who signs up for that?