Sunday, June 17, 2007

he never saw it comin'

Happy Father's Day to my Sweetie. He is the best father ever. Today is his day. And we have done exactly what he wanted, a laid back and fun day. Nothing too exciting or adventurous as last night was the Keep Austin Weird 5k.

For this 5k people dress up or do silly things. This is not beyond my Sweetie. He ran the entire 5k backwards. That is right, backwards. If you know anything about my Sweetie, you should know that if he puts his mind to it, he can do anything. He is amazing like that. The best part was that he was smart and put his number on his back, as it was his front for the race, so that his name could be called. And he is doing good today, only his calves are sore.

I ended up sitting the race out. I was not feeling well and felt my muscles tired from the walk from the parking garage. Ugh. Whatever is going on with me is definitely taking a toll. While I may not be fast, I can normally do a 5k without any training. Oh well, I will be feeling better soon. So what did I do while my friends raced? Oh I watched people finish and I ate Popsicles.
Spending this weekend with friends and family helped my mood a lot.

Now I go back to my family and finish up celebrating my Sweetie.
Happy Father's Day, Terry, I love you.

4 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Just gotta take care of yourself girl. Best course of action. :)

Addy said...

Yeah. What SFG said.

Kat said...

Sorry to hear you are not feeling so great, but popsicles rule! Oh, and that picture - at first glance the ATT logo looks like you have a funky hairdo going on. :)

Your sweetie cracks me up. :)

Kami said...

What a WEIRDO! ;)

Feel better!!