Thursday, June 28, 2007

Post more, damnit

I was instructed to post more :-) This came from my BestFriend. She knows something is up with me when I don't post.

Work has been crazy busy and the next two weeks are likely to have a lot of overtime. This is due to good things. I don't want to post about any of it until it is concrete - but it is good. That and the auditors that were due back in February are finally here. Yay, nothing like being very busy and then add having to answer questions about ledgers that were created by the person before you.

This brings me to the CPA. I am Superwoman. Yes, I am. OK, fine, I am not Superwoman, but I tend to have a Superwoman complex. I can do it all. But you hit a point when priorities have to be reevaluated. Yes, I could pass this test. Yes, I could study and study and study and accomplish that goal. But at what cost? I put my all into school. I have been there and done that. Studied and studied while working. And you want to know the truth, my marriage suffered. There were other factors at play, but it left me with a bad taste in my mouth. I am easily stressed. When I get stressed, I get bitchy. No one likes a bitchy Missy. And now it isn't just about Sweetie and me. There is a little girl involved.

I made a decision today. I would rather postpone the test and not miss out on five weeks of my family. Well, I don't like the term postpone. The truth is that I am not postponing any of my studying. I am only changing my testing date. I am not saying that I am postponing the test and not starting to study until later. Nope, the studying is still happening. Sweetie and I agree that testing later and making sure that I am ready with less stress (though there will always be stress associated with the test) would be best. This way I am not trying to force so much into my limited time. The bottom line is that there are four sections. And even if I tested with the original plan I would start studying again for the next section that next week. OK I am rambling. But it is a good thing. And I feel better.

After this decision was made, you know what I did tonight? I walked again and listened to another 2 lectures. Yep, told you that I still on with the studying. Today was the second walk during my second walk of my 10k training. Tonight's walk felt GREAT. I swore that I was flying - though my time was only like 6 seconds sooner. While I might not have been faster, I did walk better and I ended feeling charged and not worn out. While I had some sweat, I wasn't totally red and dying.

This was a good thing as when I got home Sweetie was in the driveway with a co-worker and the co-worker's son and future DIL. Sweetie did a business card for the son and in return is getting his motorcycle looked at. It should be back up and running very soon. YAY!

OK I think that is all that I can post now. Time to go to sleep. This is my boy, Bob, with Bug. He is the BEST kitty to snuggle while sleeping.

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

I love that picture.

Gotta take care of yourself girl. That has to be a priority, fo sho.

Unknown said...

That is so cool that your cat has flashlights in his eyes.

I always wondered how cats could see so damn well in the dark.