Thursday, July 22, 2004

An Adult??

I have some time to kill before my class - so I thought I would jump on and enter some thoughts. Do any of you feel like an adult? Does being an adult feel the way you thought it would? I do not mean in meeting goals or where you thought you would be at this age. What I mean is simply the feeling. Sometimes I get hit with adultness - like all of the sudden it hits me that I am married and own a home. But over all I stil feel like a kid. Yes, I have more responsbilities. Perhaps it is because I am still in school - but not much else "feels" different.

This morning was one of those adult moments. My Sweetie was ready to go to work and he completely took me back - he was an adult. In his work clothes, phone on his belt, and briefcase bag, it seemed like he aged from 16 - 28 right in front on me. OK so that might be because he has aged right in front of me. But I am sure you all understand that feeling. I wonder if I will ever feel what I thouht I would as an adult. I have friends of all ages and even they don't seem like adults. Perhaps adultness is reserved for parents, grandparents and the like.

It is funny because I live not more than 4 miles from where I grew up, talk with my mom most days, am married to my highschool sweetheart, still have homework at night, and have an incredible urge to play video games. Perhaps I will never grow up completely because of so much that has stayed the same. Now is this so bad? I am the Queen of Fun - said by my 7 year old niece.

I have a real date planned tomorrow. We are going to see Sarah McLachlan!!!! I am going to make sure that I leave ALL stress behind for a wonderful evening.

No comments: