Tuesday, July 20, 2004

A wonderful invention - the alarm!

So I wake up an hour late this morning. OK not quite an hour, in theory I had about 5 minutes to get ready and out of the house. My poor Sweetie woke up after he should have left. I apparently changed the alarm in my sleep. I remember changing it from 6 to 7, but not from 7 to 8. I might have hit the button twice. Needless to say - we woke up late. However, we were not stressed or bitchy to one another - like the normal situation with a messed up alarm time. We just moved a little faster and accepted our lateness. It was actually a nice morning.

But yesterday is the subject worth writing about. I RULE!!!! Three successes yesterday:

1) I was on phase one yesterday. On my way home from work I stopped at the drug store for my thyroid medicine. I went inside to get the prescription because I hate the drive through - not faster. Inside the store there are all kinds of bad things to eat and drink, and I was hungry. So I looked and found what I wanted - nuts and a flavored water (no calories) - and completed my purchase with my meds. YEAH ME!!!!
2) Went to the grocery store (no time on Sunday) and shopped the perimeter of the store. This allows for the least amount of processed foods. I bought healthy items for both me and my Sweetie.
3) This is the biggest one: went to dinner with friends. The good news is that we did not go to TexMex. This saved me on chips. We went to Applebee's and I had a salad. This salad was completely phase one except for some tortilla chip strips. I ordered my salad without the tortilla chip strips. I rarely have any changes to a meal - and most of the time it is adding something. Then everyone ordered dessert, even my Sweetie. I was so good. Not only was I full, which is a rare gage for dessert, but I simply did not want any. I did not have a bite. I was not upset about this or feel deprived. I walked out feeling strong and satisfied. I kept telling myself that I can always have something sweet on Wednesday or Friday. This was the biggest success because I can convince myself that it is a special occasion to eat badly - since we are out with friends. This was not the case. I ate for my health.

So yeah me!!

I bought a new scale on Sunday because mine was dying. It was great for the ego though. Get on get one weight, get on again and it would show an instant loss of .5, try a third time and see a loss of 1.5 within a minute.


No comments: