Monday, July 19, 2004

Back to the grind

This weekend was nice. Only a few nervous breakdowns. I got my paper done in time for my Thursday class and I got the house cleaned in time for the party. All in all I was very productive. I also finished my Marketing homework by the end of Sunday. The party was nice and relaxing. We even played horseshoes.
 
The last time the family got together like this was back at the end of February for my SIL's 30th b-day. This was during the peak of my unhappiness at my last job. I could tell the difference in myself this time. That is a good thing. I enjoyed the food this weekend knowing that I would get back on track today.
 
I did have a break down yesterday. If you thought last week was bad here is the schedule for this week:
 
Wednesday - MIL's actual b-day will go to dinner to celebrate
Thursday - Last paper in Accounting due :-)
Friday - Sarah Concert
Saturday - Marketing Article due, Marketing Case due, Marketing discussion due
Sunday - my part of the accounting group project due
 
And somewhere in the week I need to figure when to work on my marketing group project. The semester has 24 days remaining - and counting.
 
After more pain with my knee this weekend and reading an article with Prevention about my knee problems, I made a decision. I am going to concentrate on my weight loss, walking, stretching, and weight lifting for the next 6 weeks. If after that I am still in pain, I will add on the physical therapy.
 
My goal is to complete phase one through my Sweetie's b-day. Allowing myself to go off for MIL's b-day and Sarah concert.
 
I am so tired. This semester is killing me. Worse than last semester, which sucked because of evil zombies at work. I am going to try and take a week off in between semesters. I think I will sleep the whole time :-)
 
It was so nice to see the out of town family this weekend. Really they are my in-laws. However, I have known them since I was 15, so I do not refer to them as such - and I do not have any aunts, uncles, or cousins of my own. 
 
I still have a little voice in my head telling me to train for motive. I know that I shouldn't because of my knee - but I would really like to get a couple more long distance "races" under my belt before mentoring. Speaking of which - I told TNT that I will not be able to mentor this season. They took it well, said they will miss me but appreciated the honesty.  I want to be ready next year to fully mentor. Of course the same voice that wants the motive walk this year wants the Motorola marathon in February - first year as Freescale.
 
OK I have rambled long enough. Back to work.
 
 

No comments: