Tuesday, June 21, 2005

2-week appointment

Today was a big day. Today was my Sweetie’s first day back at work. Luckily between phone calls and instant messaging, he has stayed in the loop for all of the day’s events. He missed us so much. This morning was Serif’s two-week appointment. How can it be two weeks already?

The results are good. Her gas on Sunday was normal and since she is not experiencing colic he was not worried. Thank goodness on that front. 5:00 screaming baby does not sound like fun to me. I much prefer my little wiggle-worm at that time. Her umbilical cord stump looks good and should be coming off this week – I sure hope so. She has not grown any in regards to length. However, her weight has increased. By the two-week visit, a healthy baby should be back to their birth weight. We were not sure if she would make this goal since she lost so much in the hospital. However, our little girl is an over achiever. She gained 15 oz over this past week. She is now 7 lbs and 13 oz over her birth weight. I cannot believe it! I knew she gained – her cheeks are chubbier and she is gaining a nice double chin (this is the only time in her life where this will be a goal that everyone wants to see). I am so proud of her. She is doing so good. We do not go back until August for her two-month appointment. YAY I am a proud mommy.

Today was good. After lunch, I took a nice nap with my JuneBug and even answered some work e-mails. My Sweetie is on his way home. He called to let me know and even sang a little song for me. It made me smile so big. I love that man. Oh and I am wearing my favorite jeans today. The best part is that they are as comfortable as I remember.

Today is a very good day.

No comments: