Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Goodbye Stump

Last night played out a little different than planned. MotoDiva called and told me that she wanted my Mom to attend the 48 Hour Film Festival. So we packed Serif up for her first movie theater visit. She was wonderful. It was so neat to see my Sweetie on the big screen. MotoDiva also let us know that we are signed up for the Houston 48 hour event. We shall see if we can make it. I know my Sweetie had such a great time making the short film.

After the movie, we went over to MotoDiva’s for an after party. OK so it was Mom, my Sweetie, Serif and I all hanging out with MotoDiva and her family chatting and eating quesadillas. While it was a late night, it was a lot of fun.

Today has been laid back. I wrote earlier in the week about starting to walk again. That did not happen because the doctor told me to wait until Serif is 4 weeks old. I am feeling so good that I contemplated starting earlier than advised. However, I read that while the outside of the incision is doing good that the inside can take up to 8 weeks to heal. I know I need to follow the doctor’s advice, and it is only one more week. I do not want to do something stupid and set myself back with healing.

Today also marked an important day for my JuneBug. She lost her umbilical stump this morning. YAY – she was holding on to that darn thing for too long. Now we are going to set up a photo shoot.

Tonight is dinner with BestFriend and her husband. We have not hung out with them since Serif’s arrival.

I know this post is less than thought provoking. I have some meaningful posts in my head, I just need the time to get it all written out.

No comments: