Monday, June 27, 2005

48 hours

This weekend was action packed. Friday, Brother, Brother’s wife, Mom, and my little family got together for dinner. Because I had not left the house from Tuesday morning through Friday evening, we decided to go out to eat. Enter Serif’s first restaurant visit.

We went to our Chinese place, as we promised the owner, for her first restaurant. She was perfect. Everyone commented on how cute she was. I love it. During the majority of the meal she was in her daddy’s lap. He LOVED it. He is such a great dad. I really cannot say it enough.

Saturday was a big day for our angel. In the afternoon, we had a wonderful visit from friends in town from Dallas. It was great to see them again. We definitely need to plan a trip to Dallas.

Saturday was also important because I got into a pair of jeans that are a size smaller than my comfy pre-pregnancy jeans. YAY ME!!!! My Sweetie has been so supportive and told me how great I look.

After visiting with our friends from out of town, we packed up (which takes a bit longer now with Serif) and headed over to MotoDiva’s. This was Serif’s first visit to someone else’s home. Upon arrival, MotoDiva met us outside and told me several times how beautiful I looked. That made my day.

It was strange being there. The last time I was there Serif was in my belly – this time she was in my arms.

The reason we went to MotoDiva is a project called the 48 hour film project. The goal is to make a short movie (4-7 minutes) within 48 hours. MotoDiva set everything up and submitted the application. On Friday night, she went to the kick-off party and discovered the theme, a character name, and a line for the movie that must be used. The movie had to be turned in on Sunday – hence 48 hours. Saturday the group worked on the filming. Luckily, a friend of Best Friend’s husband’s has made movies before and had some nice equipment to use. My Sweetie was one of the main stars, along with DarkDiva. They were wonderful. Serif and I even had a small role. We left after 1am due to Serif wanting to go home. We have not seen the final product yet, but tomorrow night we will see all the movies for this project. I cannot wait. Mom is going to watch Serif so my Sweetie and I can both attend.

Today has been wonderful. I have spent a lot of the day simply staring at my baby. She is so beautiful. I am so very happy today. I feel great, physically and mentally. Tonight my Sweetie and I are planning a romantic dinner. I am also hoping to go for a walk tonight.

For more information on The 48 Hour Film Project

No comments: