Thursday, June 23, 2005

Long Lost Friend

When I was a freshman in High School I made a friend who was very important to me. He was a junior at the time and a guy friend that was just that, a friend. We never messed around or tried to take things to the next level. He was a wonderful friend who would have offered the shirt off his back if he thought it would help. As things tend to happen, we grew apart. While cleaning in preparation of Serif’s arrival, I found a wallet with some old pictures. I found a picture of my brother at his senior prom and the senior picture of this friend (Thomas). On Tuesday, I thought of him a lot, wondering how I could find him and what he was doing. Last I heard, he was still dating his girlfriend from 1995.

Yesterday, my Sweetie ims me and says that he thinks Thomas just e-mailed him looking for me. I asked for him to send me the e-mail. After confirming that I am who he was looking for and that he is my long lost friend, we began e-mailing. He lives out of state now and is happily married to the same girl he was dating from 1995.

I am so happy that he found me. It is nice to chat with a friend from the past who did not stab me in the back or turn out to be a false.

No comments: