Friday, June 17, 2005

Perfect Angel update, passionate kisses, and forgiveness

I have not posted much this week. I have been wonderfully distracted.

My Sweetie goes back to work on Tuesday and I have been absorbing every second that I can with him. Just when I thought our relationship could not get any better (we fell in love all over again with getting pregnant) I find where we are now. Bringing Serif into the world with him has made that love deeper and stronger. Passion is yet again more intense. My favorite things in the world are hugs and kisses. I thought I received more than I could ever desire when I was pregnant. Now, I receive even more. For example, today I drove my Sweetie to pick up his car from the shop after a much needed State Inspection. He was riding in the backseat with our angel. When we arrived, I asked if he had everything and if I should wait for him or head home. He said, “I only need a kiss from you then you can head home”. He then came into the front seat and gave me a wonderful kiss, not just a quick peck goodbye. This also happened in Serif’s room while we were packing her up for our outing today. He set down Serif (who was in her car seat), pulled me close, and kissed me. It does not get any better than that. Not only has bringing Serif home helped show us our passion, but also how well we work together. We are a great team. Every part of taking care of our infant is a team effort, that is one great thing about pumping. We both ease her crying, change her diapers, feed her, and snuggle her. We both adore her completely and cannot imagine life without her, even after only 10 days.

Right now, my two favorite people in the world are napping on the couch next to me. I could stare at them for days on end. I love them so much. They are my world.

Tuesday and Thursday served as rest days after big outings from the day before. Wednesday we went out shopping at several stores over the course of three hours. Our angel slept the entire time. Today we went to lunch with MIL and SIL. After, we went to MIL’s work to show off our JuneBug and ending the outing with stopping by Mom’s work for an impromptu visit. She slept the entire time.

Change of subject for a minute. I have written before about forgiveness. This is something I feel strongly about. You have to forgive to live. I am very emotional due to sky rocketing hormones and overwhelming life changes. While writing this, I am watching Oprah. They are talking about molestation – which is something I have no experience regarding, thank goodness. However, they also spoke of forgiveness. I really like the definition that Oprah gave regarding forgiveness and would like to share it with my readers. She said that forgiveness is giving up any hope that the past could be any different. She went on to explain that it takes a lot of energy to hate (or hold disappointment or negative feelings). She finished with saying that forgiveness is deciding that no longer will you be tied to the past.

Now that I have covered my Sweetie, my JuneBug, emotions, daily outings, and deep thoughts it is time for me to close. I must go and pump.

No comments: