Saturday, June 04, 2005

Plastic wrapped butterflies

I have a brief moment to post while my Sweetie and MIL move the crib into the room. Rather the box that the parts of the crib are in – some assembly required. It actually arrived when we were told. We finally have a crib. MIL and Sweetie will assemble the crib tomorrow. Tomorrow the room will be complete and ready for its new owner.

Last night was amazing. I am so very blessed and loved. My Sweetie was so wonderful about everything. It was a Diva only event but he did not want to be away from me for any extended time. He occupied himself with video taping and taking digital photos of the five divas (myself included) and my mom – who is their rent-a-mom.

We enjoyed Chinese food and bubble tea. After dinner, the fun began. DarkDiva started her work of art on my belly. It was a great set up. I was sitting in a papason (sp?) chair reclined in MotoDiva’s dining room. Everyone was in the same room and we were able to chat throughout the evening. My belly looks amazing. She really outdid herself. As of this morning, it is already darker than the last time. We applied cotton balls to the dried henna and then wrapped plastic wrap around my belly. This helped the area create the needed heat for development. The best part was at one point I had DarkDiva painting my belly and BestFriend was rubbing my feet with lotion and applying polish. It was heaven. At the same time, MotoDiva applied henna to Mom’s palm. This led to the fact that Sweetie needed some henna as well. He is such a good sport. MotoDiva told him to take off his shirt, and he did. She suggested a design on his shoulder and he did not even put up a single fight. She applied a very manly butterfly.

After over three hours, the artwork was complete. I was not only thrilled by the results, but DarkDiva was happy with her design as well. Everyone received henna and all the women received a sparkly toenail polish topcoat to show support for Tuesday’s events.

Many people suggested to my Sweetie that he should send me to a spa for a day at the end of my pregnancy. Last night was my spa treatment. It was even better than an actual spa. I was pampered in a stress free environment surrounded by people I love. I cannot stop smiling about it. I am so very lucky.

After the final blessing from the Divas, I am ready to have my JuneBug. Now she just needs to hold out until Tuesday. I am having some contractions, though nothing within the time frame to warrant calling the doctor. She also moved lower during the night. This is nothing of which to get excited. This just means the process is starting. I could stay exactly like this for days or weeks.

Today is a date day for Sweetie and me. It has been wonderful so far. After I finish this post, we will head back out for more fun. Tomorrow will consist of cleaning the last minute items for her arrival. Monday is the final doctor’s appointment, my last day of work until August 31, and a family dinner in celebration of the next day.

So much is planned for the next three days, yet it feels like time is going so slow. My Sweetie is so amazing about all of this. He is so excited to meet her. He tells me how much he adores me and how much he loves our family.

OK I am starting to get emotional. I am off to finish my date day.

No comments: