Friday, July 01, 2005

Perfect Outings

The most wonderful thing to wake up to is a newborn’s face, a face like fresh untouched snow, perfection in every inch. When her eyes open, a grin comes over her face and we start our day. She wakes me with this smile everyday instead of crying. I know this could change at any moment so I am going to enjoy

After three weeks, we are getting into a routine. The best part is at night. As soon as my Sweetie comes home, he takes over. He loves to hold her, kiss her, and even change her diaper. He is such a great father. Yesterday morning while he was getting ready for work and Serif and I slept, he took a picture of us because we were so cute.

Yesterday I went on an outing with my JuneBug. We got my car registration and proceeded to Serif’s first outing to the mall. This was also my first time to take her out in her stroller. It was perfect. We did some shopping, some walking, and we were very productive. After such a wonderful outing, we came home and enjoyed a nap.

Today was another big outing day. We had lunch with my Sweetie for the first time. We took her to our normal place, Pok-e-Joes. After, we made a quick trip to Mom’s work and ending out outing at Target. We had so much fun. I love taking her outside.

Today was a big step for us. While at Target I bought a nipple shield – cannot find the one from the hospital – and she never used it. However, I have had the urge to get one since last week. I did not know that Target would sell them and thought I would have to make the trek to BabiesRus. Well, I bought one and came home to give it a try. She nursed on me for 10 minutes. WOO HOO!!!! I am such a happy mommy. It has been a rough start, but I am not giving up. This is huge. My Grandmother did not produce milk. My mom did not produce enough and formula fed me. I want Serif to grow strong with my milk.

I am in such a great mood today. I am beyond happy. This weekend is going to be wonderful. I bought Serif a new little outfit for the fourth – just in case the outfit I picked out does not fit yet.

I am so excited to start working out next week. I am going to focus on walking and stretching. I am just so happy to be less than I was when I got pregnant. And it appears I have lost even more. I will keep everyone updated on my progress.

Oh and I heard back from the TSBPA – CPA testing board. My deadline for testing is the end of this year. I was worried about being able to take all four sections in this time-frame. Well my worries are no more, I only have to take ONE part before the end of the year, then I have another 18 months to take the following three parts. YAY. I can do that. I am hoping to start studying next week but don’t have to get serious until September. That is the best news as I am still adjusting to our new lifestyle.

This weekend is going to be wonderful. We are going to spend time with our little family as well as extended family. Tomorrow should be interesting, as this will be our first Saturday as just the three of us.

I hope everyone has a happy and safe holiday weekend.

No comments: