Sunday, July 17, 2005

I have a question

In life, there are few moments that require extreme consideration, planning, and ending with a big question. It seems as life progresses these moments become less and less. For example; being asked to go steady with a cute boy at 15, the big question of a marriage proposal at 20, and asking to have a baby at 27. These are the questions that I have been asked. However, there are questions I have to ask, questions that I have to consider deeply, questions that provide moments of anticipation as to the answer that will be provided.

Today provided one of these rare, but highly important occasions. After months of waiting for the day to arrive, we finally had our optimal moment. Best Friend and her husband came to spend the day with us. We had the best time with an early dinner and the girls and boys splitting up (other than JuneBug who went with the boys) and did some shopping. We met back at the house to enjoy some company and to watch a movie. This was the moment. It finally arrived. While my Sweetie could not wait 5 minutes longer, the only harm was that I was pumping at the time. However, it was still perfect. After asking James to come into the living room, he was in the dining room, my Sweetie decided to use an otter stuffy to do his biding. The stuffy asked one if the biggest questions for our JuneBug. We asked the Kerseys to be the Godparents to our first born. The best part was that they said YES. We are so happy. It is a wonderful feeling to know that these important roles are filled. Now all we have to do is the morbid part, the will.

I am very sentimental these days, so be prepared with my posts. Today is no exception. I am so grateful to have such wonderful friends. I know that I had to have horrible and backstabbing best friends in order to appreciate the best friend that I have now. I will be forever grateful of the person that BestFriend has helped me to become. My confidence is higher because of her, as well as my knowledge of strange and random items of humor.

Today was a wonderful day. Our family is even more complete and real.

No comments: