Monday, July 04, 2005

I Love This Man

Our weekend was so fantastic. Friday night Brother, SIL, and Mom came over to hang out with us and we had very interesting discussions. I never know where the conversations with my brother will end up.

Saturday was our first family weekend day. The first weekend we brought her home, the second we went to the grocery store, and last weekend consisted of out of town guests and making the 48 hour movie. So yesterday we had a blast. We went to the mall. We took Serif to her first trip to the Apple Store. YAY. We also went to James Avery and my Sweetie bought me a ring that he has been looking at for many months but wanted to wait until after Serif’s arrival to purchase due to sizing. I love it. It is so beautiful. We came home and after a family napping experience decided to watch the “The Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind.” We loved it. It is totally awesome, exactly our kind of movie. I am so glad we bought it sight unseen. After the movie we stayed up until 3am discussing the ideas in the movie. In case you don’t know, the movie is about erasing memories. We both decided that we would not want to erase any of our memories, even the horrible ones. This goes back to the whole idea that our actions and our past put us where we are today.

Today has been very productive with the normal grocery store outing. This time our JuneBug was awake for almost the whole trip. She was so good and took everything in. After our outing we brought my Mom back to our house and proceeded to get ready for our first date since Serif’s arrival. She was so wonderful and watched our princess while we went out. We saw Howl’s Moving Castle. We love all of Hayao Miyazaki’s movies. This one was no different and met our expectations. The best part was that it was subtitled and not dubbed – we prefer this option. After the movie, we went to Cheesecake Factory for dessert. This was very romantic. I even enjoyed an adult beverage. My Sweetie stopped me while I was talking and told me that he loves me so much. It melted my heart. While it was hard to leave my little one, I had the best time. This weekend was filled with things that are very much my Sweetie and me. It makes me so happy. Weekends like this remind me how obvious it is that my Sweetie and I are soul-mates.

Today my Sweetie and Brother went and bought fireworks. This should be quite a show for my JuneBug’s first 4th of July.

I go to bed tonight very happy - actually quite blissful.

Life is good.

No comments: