Friday, July 15, 2005

Will she return to the scene of the crime and repeat?

I try to be a positive person. But the truth is that I have been experiencing some depression. Luckily, my Sweetie is so supportive and wants to make it all better. Last night and this morning were rough. I am lucky that my depression has never been the kind that makes me want to harm myself or others. I have done research and discovered that I do not have postpartum depression – that is a relief. I just have my normal chemical issues.

Well the best thing for depression, for me at least was a perfect little girl peeing all over her receiving blanket and carpet while I was changing her diaper. It was my fault, I didn’t have the new diaper under her in time. The funny thing is that she did not have a wet diaper when we went in but I wasn’t sure. I had the old diaper and new diaper next to each other, the reason why the new one wasn’t under her, and comparing. I was still looking at the diaper when I said “you didn’t pee”. When I looked up at her, she peed. Yes, she smiled the whole time.

Another thing that brought me out of my funk was reading past love notes from my sweetie. He loves me so much. I am so lucky to have him.

Speaking of him. Next month is his 30th b-day. I will invite everyone once we nail down what he really wants to do. However, that isn’t what made my day. The big present, part of at least, for my Sweetie for his 30th b-day, planned ahead for months and months, came today. WOOHOO. I have much relief.

I want this b-day to be perfect for him. Things are so different than last year. This year we are a family, we are happier than ever, and we are stronger than ever. Not to mention 30 isn’t just any b-day. This involves thinking, planning, and much attention.

I love him so much and this is a chance to show him.

No comments: