Friday, July 08, 2005

One Month and Ego Boosts

Happy One Month Miss Serif Bug. Today has been very eventful. After sleeping in, my JuneBug and I got all pretty and headed to the mall. I knew I wanted photos taken of her today. We lucked out and got an appointment only 45 minutes after we arrived. That is good considering I simply did a walk-in. Due to some of the poses having me in them, and me not planning for this, I went and bought a shirt during our wait. The funny thing is that they used a drape for me so it was not needed. We got about 6 different poses. Serif was cranky throughout the experience. However, the photographer was very patient. Of course, she calmed down as soon as the shoot was complete. The proofs were ready by 4:00 but I wanted my Sweetie to pick the ones he likes so we will go tomorrow night for our final decisions.

Then enters Frap-boy. As Serif and I were leaving the mall, a guy was walking around with frapachino samples. He walked out of his way to come to Serif and I, and did not offer us a sample as I was drinking a diet coke. However, he lingered after I was bent over tending to Serif. You see, the shirt I bought shows off my uhm.., well, Serif’s food producers very well. I did not realize this until after our conversation. He watched as I tended to Serif and then came even closer and proceeded to tell me how much he loves babies and asking me her age and such. He was totally hitting on me. It was great. I wonder what else he would have said if I wasn’t wearing my new ring – heehee. Now I know if I need an ego boost and a caffeine fix where I should go. I wonder if he works Fridays grin.

My ego was sky high. When I got home my bug decided to take a nap and I wanted to check e-mail and such. I use IM a lot at work and have my co-workers on my contact list. The co-worker who would like to be my boyfriend came on and chatted with me. Nothing bad discussed – remember it is work and I did have a baby in my lap. He asked about my girl and made a couple of compliment comments to let me know he is still interested. This should not shock me as he continued to flirt while I was pregnant. Nothing will ever happen with him – for so many reasons and I am honest with him about this. However, he is a nice guy and I don’t mind a compliment here and there. I told him that he has been replaced by Frap-boy. He did not approve.

Our evening was pretty uneventful due to my Sweetie working late. However, we did chat on-line and on the phone throughout the evening. I love seeing “UT System” on caller ID.

Then came the night. At 10:00, I sent an IM to my Sweetie asking if he ever had dinner. He is bad about working late and not eating. He said he was starving so I packed up my computer and my baby and we headed to Sweetie’s work to bring him dinner. Serif is sleeping in a chair next to me while my Sweetie works across the desk from me. I hope I am not distracting him. I am in a good mood. I don’t mind the time – I can sleep whenever Serif sleeps tomorrow.

My angel is so beautiful. I know everyone is tired of hearing this, but it is true. I am amazed by her daily. I cannot believe how much I love her. I cannot believe how great it is to be a mom.

This is getting long. I will end this. If I have more to say, I will start a new post.

No comments: