Tuesday, July 19, 2005

UT System No More

Yesterday proved to be more interesting than anticipated. At 4:40 my Sweetie imed me saying that he was just let go. Long story short, his boss was out to get him. I know a lot of people say that, but in this case it is true. He was busting his ass for her lately and received no acknowledgement. He even worked late most days last week and went in on Sunday.

The good news is that we are doing great. We are not freaked or concerned about the whole event. We know things will work out, they always do. And luckily we have a good amount in savings so we are covered for a little while.

The main thing is that she cannot make him unhappy anymore. I am happy that his choice to leave was made for him. Now he can find the kind of job he wants. No matter what, I am here for him.

Last night we went to BestFriend’s house and she helped him compose a letter of rebuttal for the managers he worked with. She is such a great friend. Right now he is there giving his official resignation. Tonight I will take him to dinner to celebrate. No longer will he have to work with that awful manager.

Regardless of the actions of yesterday, my Sweetie has agreed to get a tattoo for his birthday. YAY.

No comments: