Monday, July 18, 2005

Appointment and the need for ink

Today was my 6-week postpartum appointment. Can you believe it? My appointment was at 7:45 this morning. The idea was that my Sweetie would go with me to help with Serif. Unfortunately, he had an early meeting and could not make the appointment. Mom came by this morning and saved the day. Since the appointment was early, she was able to go into work late. This is easier for her than taking off during the day. My JuneBug was a little cranky so they stayed at the house while I went to the appointment on my own. It was the first time for me to go to the office alone. My Sweetie has always been with me. The nurses and doctor said I look great. I am down a few more pounds, but I knew that due to my home scale. Overall, I am down 21 from my pre-pregnancy weight. The nurse looked at my incision and could not believe how good it looks, she said it did not look new at all. The doctor came in and also looked at my incision and said he was so happy. He declared me normal again. I laughed and said “that is only true if I was ever normal”. I forgot to ask if this meant I am no longer perfect, lol.

The doctor sat down in front of me, he is a very hands on doctor, and asked how I am doing and if I have any questions. I told him that I am suffering from some depression. He said “ok”. He gave me a hug and told me how proud he was for me to tell him something hard like that. He said it is the most under-diagnosed problem. He said that he believes that Tom Cruise’s comments (stupid son of a bitch comments if you ask me, but I am hormonal) actually did more good then Tom ever expected because with everyone reacting and so mad at him it caused much discussion. I know on my expecting board (even though now we all have had our babies) there are so many women saying “hey me too.” I told him that in no way are my feelings going towards my JuneBug. He told me that is important to know. He gave me another couple of hugs and a prescription. I go back in two months. My goal is to try and get off the meds then, we shall see.

I am proud of myself. I hate the meds but I think I need them until I get an established exercise routine and begin journaling. Now that I had my 6-week check up I can start exercising without my Sweetie worrying so much. I am feeling so good today. I feel in control.

I go back to the doctor on September 20th. That is going to be a hard day. My plan is to call in sick that day, go to my appointment, and spend the day with my mom shopping. For those who do not remember, this day marks 8 years since losing my dad. Hard to believe we are only two months away from this point. Two months from today marks when my Sweetie and I created life. We are going to celebrate that whole weekend. Days that good, life altering days like that wonderful Saturday, must be celebrated.

Today I was out with my JuneBug, running errands and doing reseach got my Sweetie’s 30th b-day present. I stopped for lunch at Wendy’s and there was a butterfly where you place your order. This made me want my butterfly tattoo so badly. Now that I am not pregnant I can go ahead with it. I want a butterfly. Still trying to decide if I want the small yellow one or the big one on my lower back. My Sweetie likes the idea of both, especially the lower back. For those who do not know, he is a butt man. I am going to see what my Sweetie can do design wise for my tattoo. He has never designed a tattoo before, but I feel confident that he will come through with flying colors. Now I must get some ink on him.

No comments: