Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Today marks 5 weeks

Yesterday was a good day. JuneBug was cranky again, but still my angel. JuneBug started crying before my Sweetie left for work. He picked her up from our bed and told me that he would calm her and bring her back. He is so wonderful and adores her so much. My Sweetie had to work late again so I had my mom come by after work to relieve me so I could take a shower. That was exactly what I needed. She stayed and we chatted for a couple of hours. It was very nice.

It is not so bad when my Sweetie works late since we can IM throughout the evening. When he got home, he was in the best mood and felt very accomplished. He gave JuneBug and me wonderful attention. Before he got home, I gave her a bath and had her waiting for him in her PJs asleep. He hugged and kissed both of us so much.

Today has been another cranky day. Her nights are good, just during the day she has been crying a lot. I am determined to find what she needs – it is hard when she can’t talk yet. I hope her new swing will help during the day. I have to admit the fact that my and my Sweetie’s arms make her happy makes me happy.

The best thing that my Sweetie “said” to me today was an im that said, “How are my two perfect girls today?” That made me smile.

Our life has changed so much in 5 weeks – for obvious reasons. And I think we have adapted very well. I know of couples that put their marriage on the back burner with a new baby. I do not believe that is the case for us. We are intimate and passionate. We are a team. It makes me so happy.

We are so happy with our family. You can actually hear the happiness in my Sweetie’s voice. Of course, this was true during the pregnancy as well.

Tonight we went to target to purchase some pants for my Sweetie. We had a good time. I love to watch my Sweetie in public with our little one. He is such a good father. We have decided to start perhaps looking into purchasing a microwave. I know I am excited about the potential jump into the 20th century. The truth is that we had a microwave since 1997 when we moved in together. However, it died in late 2003 and was never replaced.

I chatted with co-workers today. JuneBug and I are planning a trip to my work on Thursday. I will be in the area due to picking up my diploma – YAY!!! Two of my favorite co-workers and I are going to lunch. I hope JuneBug is up for it.

Alas it is time for me to snuggle in with JuneBug and my Sweetie.

No comments: