Sunday, February 04, 2007

Carnaval - 2007

Carnaval was a success. Friday during lunch I found my costume. Then on Saturday morning, Sweetie and Bug went to the mall with me and we found the remaining items very easily. We were so successful finding my items that we had enough time to create Sweetie's brain child of a costume - he came up with it around 1. We caravaned with MotoDiva, her Jeff, IronDiva, and BestFriend. We met at DarkDiva's hotel room to get ready and a little bit of chatting. As always, this was a busy scene with everyone getting ready. There was painting and assembling of costumes. I used black hairspray - you know to be completely different. This was almost a huge mistake. The color came off on my neck, face, and hands. Sweetie helped me clean it off. Luckily, it dried enough that I did not get covered again. What was my costume? I was Space Girl - protector of the world. And look at my boobs - I really had boobs. And the bra pushed me up in a way that made them jiggle really well. I showed that off a lot.Sweetie went as Bubble Boy. He was my uhm... side kick. His costume is silver bubble wrap (which he had to paint himself), underwear, and silver boots. He was a HUGE hit and he ate it up. I love that he was so accessible. He even carried around a roll of bubble wrap to let people pop.
This is BestFriend. This was her first Carnaval. She was the one who made me decide to go even without a costume idea or the weight loss that I wanted. She is my best friend. She is the kind of friend that I know I will have forever. No matter what I know she is there for me. She was the first friend I talked with about my Depression. When I met her I was not happy or strong. She helped me change that. She helped me give up on crappy friends that I had and focus on surrounding myself with people I adore. She is Beautiful. I don't think she knows it. I know it and now others know it.
This is IronDiva. She is the one that has completed a FULL IRONMAN. Talk about feeling flabby and out of shape whenever you are around her. And what sucks worse is that she is really nice so it is hard to hate her. On the walk from the hotel to Carnaval she mentioned that she ran for an 1.5 hours that day. Uhm, well I walked some of the mall. Does that count?






This is DarkDiva applying lipstick to BestFriend. DarkDiva's meca is Carnaval. She spends a lot of time, thought, blood, sweat, and tears in the design and production of her and other's costumes. It is amazing what she comes up with. My costume last year was all her.




This is MotoDiva's Jeff (left). He is well over 6 foot and was exactly what you are thinking, the Jolly Green Giant.
This is DarkDiva's Jeff (right). His costume was awesome. He was painted with several colors and had working lights.






Regrettably, I do not have great shots of either MotoDiva or DarkDiva in their finished costumes. I do have some partial shots. The left is MotoDiva and the right, in the middle, is DarkDiva.









This is our group that caravaned together as we entered the party. After our feet had enough, we went and ate at Kerby Lane - yum! It was a great time. Oh and here are the skeletons. So cool!

4 comments:

the greatest said...

You have THE BEST camera. Wow! I love the closeup photo of me. I didn't think that was possible.

You are so beautiful. Thank you for going with me. It made it really awesome.

Kate Giovinco Photography said...

You guys are a riot! I love it! I must say your husband is one daring man in his costumes!

Patti said...

You're costume is awesome! I'm glad everything worked out despite the idiot attack! Go Space Girl!

Kat said...

Wow - the costumes are all fabulous! Sounds like a fabulous time!!!