Monday, February 19, 2007

Shopping Therapy

I am not bad today. But yesterday, yesterday I was sad. Not sure why. I had fun playing in the morning with my family. I took a long shower, and then it hit. Depression. I didn't want to go anywhere. I wanted to sit on the floor and not move. I wanted to listen and look at the details of the world spinning around me. Sweetie made sure that I got out. We did our errands. And he even enlisted the help of Mom. She spent the day with us and we chatted. I only cried a couple of times. By the end of the day I was feeling better. And I am happy to say that today I am feeling much better. That is the fun of depression. At least the kind I suffer from. It comes and goes, some days are good and some are bad. That is the fun of life. BestFriend and I were chatting about it and discussing what it is like when you are low like that. It is almost too comforting. The depression holds you like a blanket. It is very hard to describe to those who have never experienced it. But today is a new day and today is good.

We went to Target last night. Another attempt from Sweetie to make me happy. By the time we got there, I was already feeling better so we had fun. We found a comforter for our bed on sale for $27. It is fun and colorful and makes us think of the beach. We also found a wonderful painting for Bug's big girl room. While her room will not have a big change, there will be more pink items, more glitter, and more bugs. It is the neatest painting. I will post photos when we complete the room. I think it is a little busy for Sweetie. But, apparently, my face showed that I was in love with it at first sight. He said we had to get it.

Tonight is gymnastics. This means I get some me time. Not sure what I am going to do yet. hmmmm house work vs. bubble bath. Hard decision.

2 comments:

Hyman said...

Shopping always makes everyhting better!! Especially if youo find good deals!

Hope you feel better soon ;)

Addy said...

So glad you're feeling better.