Sunday, February 11, 2007

The Results Are In

After four weeks on SouthBeach, I measured myself. The results are good. I am down 6 pounds. I am keeping at my 1 pound a week loss. That works for me. I am happy with any loss. But the most awesome thing is that I am also down 1" on each calf, 1" on each arm, 1" off my hips, and 2" off my waist. No wonder Sweetie says I look thinner - I am. I like this. Talk about motivation to start exercising. If I can have a loss like this without exercising, imagine what exercising could do. That is the goal for this next week.

This was a great weekend. Sweetie and I enjoyed each other so much. I love weekends that turn out great without any plans or expectations. I got my hair trimmed, Sweetie got his cut very short again - he can't pay for a trim, he just doesn't think it makes sense. We got errands done, talked a lot, spent time with family, took care of Bug, felt frustration together with Bug (she is 20 months and just starting to feel better while still not herself, that can cause frustration), and made the best SB friendly hamburgers. Mom and I even had a chance for a couple of good talks. It has been awhile since we just chatted - in spite of seeing each other on an average of three times a week. And the sewing party was a success. We talked about the upcoming wedding. I hope we didn't freak SIL#2 out too much. We kept asking about details and she had not thought of them. It will all come together.

It was just a good weekend. It was the kind of weekend that makes you feel very comfortable in your life, like putting on your favorite pair of jeans. I really am happy in my life. I know this is where I am supposed to be. So why so sentimental? Other than me being my normal self? Valentine's Day is coming up. And before you groan, it is a special day to me. Nothing to do with hearts, candy, or overpriced flowers that wilt by the end of the night. No, for me it marks the night that Sweetie proposed to me. This Wednesday marks 10 years for us. Ten years since he got on stage and proposed to me. Ten years since I made the most important, and best, decision of my life. Yes, I am very sentimental. Yes, I am very date driven. Yes, this is how the posts are going to be this week. What are we doing to celebrate? Not sure. Something very us, I am sure.

With that I am going to bed. I have a little girl whose schedule is off and I need to get her to sleep.

1 comment: