Wednesday, February 07, 2007

One FLU Over the Cuckoo's Nest

Well there you have it - the FLU! I got the most dreaded of calls for a working mom around 11. Bug had a fever. Crap! Call doctor, they said to bring her in asap and they would work her in. Crap! Shut down computer, go to boss's office, he wasn't there. Crap! Log back into computer and email boss. Get Bug from school and get her to the doctor. Full waiting room. Crap! After a long wait, see the doctor. Fever of 101.4. Nose culture to test for flu. Positive for Flu. Crap! Guess that flu shot didn't take. Crap! She can't go back to school until Monday. Crap!

So I got to spend the afternoon with my hot potato. After motrin and a three hour nap she is feeling a bit more like herself, though not 100%. And try to explain to a 20 month old that she can't go outside because she is sick even though she feels better. It is not easy.

Tomorrow and Friday Sweetie and I will be doing the 'ol swing shift in taking care of her. It sucks. This is the worst part of being a working mom - a sick child.

I am so very lucky to have Sweetie. He is the best father.

While writing out a prescription for Bug, the Dr also wrote one out for me, just in case. I appreciate that. I will not get this though. I am strong.

And Sweetie made me an icon today for my new external hard drive. He loves me. It is so awesome.

2 comments:

Hyman said...

Poor little honey! Whenever my little one is sick it just breaks my heart.

Sending some get well vibes for her, and some anti-flu vibes for you!!

Kat said...

Yuck! Sorry to hear she is sick, hope she is better soon!