Thursday, February 22, 2007

Karma Karma

Yesterday, I received an invite to a going away happy hour for the telecom company I worked for - aka where Asshole boss works. I open the invite and see not one name as the guest of honor but SIX. And to top it off the person who sent me the invite also is leaving. Asshole boss was not on the list, not sure what he is going to do. Everyone is jumping ship. Only a year and 2 months since I left, and everyone is leaving due to a buyout. Crazy. And I almost went back there, I would have if AP Manager could have paid me more. 6 months of sick time was awesome. I am so happy she couldn't work with my salary requirements. I am so happy to not be going through that stress. I truly like where I am at. Oh and my temp - the one who filled in for me when I was on maternity leave, she is on the list as well. I will see if I can make it. It would be fun to see my friends again.

Today is a hard day for some reason. I had to work through lunch, which isn't horrible, but I wanted to get out. My food was yummy but I am wanting some junk food. No, I will not give in. I am doing too good to give in. Last night I walked. I walked for 30 minutes at a brisk pace while pushing Bug in the stroller - she slept. I got a good workout. And I got back in time to chat with the Bitches. I love that I am getting to know them better before the blowout. They are some really great women. And now that I have seen Kami drunk on video, I cannot wait to party with her *grin*.

I don't know why I am having a hard day. Maybe it is hormonal. Maybe it is because the weather is just too pretty. Yesterday, Sweetie and I had lunch outside. It was wonderful. Maybe it is because I am just crazy. Hopefully walking will help.

Neutral is not an option. I cannot let days like this get to me. I am stronger than that. I am better than that. I am the one in charge here. And we all know how much I love control.

And why is my mouse picking today to be a pain? Seriously having trouble moving it around. Stupid ball mouse.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I usually use a whatever they call those red glowy mouses (mice?) but our new computer came with a ball mouse...what a PAIN IN THE ASS.