Friday, February 23, 2007

Time to turn it around

Today is another hard day. I am getting quite sick of this. I feel like I losing touch with reality. I am at work hoping they don't expect too much from me today. I have a lot to do, auditors come next week.

Drink water, eat nuts, walk around office, turn down breakfast tacos. Feeling better? Not yet. Chat with friends. I admit to my sad day. That is hard for me. They try to cheer me up. It worked a little. I did smile a few times.

I had lunch with Tiff, she works at telecom. I got caught up on a lot of the gossip. It was great to see her. But my mood, it isn't all better. Blah. She wants me to go to the happy hour tonight. It is downtown. We will see. Asshole boss will be there.

OK not going tonight, starting getting bad girlie cramps. Not fair. She said there is going to be another happy hour at the end of March. I will have to make that one. I just want to go home and take some meds.

So in honor of helping me get me out of my rut, I am going to focus on some good things about today:
~ Waking to Bug snuggling me and talking to me about what I can only figure is the weather
~ Sweetie making me my chai this morning
~ Seeing a friend that I have not seen in over a year
~ Best Friend writing the best haikus about me
~ I walked last night, two nights in a row - and I feel it in my legs, not sore - more like I can tell the muscles have been used, I cannot wait to walk tonight - plus I earned a bubble bath - three workouts = bubble bath (I did upper body weights on Monday)
~ I get to see family tonight
~ Having a job where I am not working 12 hour days to prepare for the audit
~ Singing silly Sandra Boynton songs to make me smile
~ Planning my workouts so I can run the LiveStrong Challenge in October - yes this makes me happy as I love to plan
~ Knowing that I am working to be a healthier person with movement and good food

Haikus curtosey of BestFriend

Missy is my friend
She NEVER giggles at all
only serious

Missy is not a
Panda even though she is
everyone's favorite

I love Pandas so
Especially the baby
at Atlanta zoo

Missy's smile is so
Beautiful she makes the room
Turn yellow sunshine

With that I am headed out. I am on a mission to turn this frown upside down.

No comments: