Thursday, August 28, 2008

D&C complete

Last night MIL, SIL, BIL, Niece, and Mom hung out with me. It was good to be surrounded by family. Mom took bug home with her as I had to be at the hospital at 6 in the morning. It was good as I cried my eyes out. This morning I took a nice shower where I cried some more. It was strange to cry so much when I felt so numb.

Sweetie has been awesome. We quickly went into couple mode. We aren't like everyone else. We are the type to laugh at a funeral. We laughed 99% of the time we waited for the procedure. It is how we roll. That is why I keep him around, he can make me laugh at the hardest times.

The procedure itself was not bad. I went to sleep and then they woke me. I didn't even know anything had been done. Now I am in some pain, but nothing horrible. I am at Mom's so she can take care of me. Sweetie is with me but did mention he might go into work when I am sleeping, to distract himself. I don't blame him.

I am doing good. I am feeling the emotions, but have a very healthy sense of everything. I am not giving up on giving Bug a baby brother/sister.

I hate to cut this short, but my vicodin is kicking in and I need a nap in a bad way. THANK YOU for all the emails, comments, calls. I know how loved I am. I am truly grateful.

3 comments:

Leslie said...

Glad to hear it went well! Todd and I are laughers in the face of hardships as well :-) It's a beautiful thing.
If you need ANYTHING just yell!

Katie said...

I have tears in my eyes as I read this. UGH. Lots of love and hugs coming your way! Don't give up. Bug will have a baby brother or sister (or two or three!) As hard as my loss(es) (one official and one I'm certain of, but not medically documented) were I look at my boys now and think that I wouldn't have them if I hadn't experienced what I experienced. I can't imagine myself any different. Know that I am thinking and praying and crying for you and your husband. ((((hugs))))

Christine L said...

((hugs)) to you. I'm so sorry. I hope that you can find some peace.