Sunday, August 31, 2008

peace

Yesterday was a great family day. We had lunch with MIL, we picked up Sweetie's packet, and we shopped. The day ended watching a movie and playing. An overwhelming sense of peace came over me. I feel great. And other than pain associated with the D&C, I have felt healthy since Thursday. I know something was wrong. My thyroid feels normal again, I feel healthy again. From the beginning I had this feeling that something was wrong. I discounted this feeling. I guess there was something to it. I was feeling sick. More sick than just morning sickness. I didn't fully realize it until I felt normal again. Something was terribly wrong and my body was trying to tell me.

Not that the sadness is gone yet. But the peace helps. Movement helps, distractions help. BestFriend wanted to get nails done today. I was all for it. That is until I found myself sitting at Mom's doing nothing. Doing nothing isn't good. My heart sank, the sadness returned. Doing nothing isn't an option yet. I hope she understands. I still want to see her, if she will have me, I just have to keep moving. The goal is to work through it a little at a time so that I can get through the whole process.

That and my Bug. She makes it ALL better. She hugs and kisses and makes me laugh so very much. Oh how I adore that three year old.

Tomorrow starts walking again and studying. My camera has seen better days and even with everything Sweetie is sticking to the whole "pass the CMA and get a new camera" plan. He knows how to distract me.

But the peace, it is helping.

2 comments:

Katie said...

Good. I'm glad you're finding some peace. It is funny, though, because even now... years later... I'll think of those babes and wonder. It never completely goes away, but peace is a good way to describe it. And movement DEFINITELY helps. Just keep moving... and playing with Bug.

OH... and I wanted to tell you that if you and Terry are still trying to think of something to purchase, we could use a new bedroom set or even some cabinets for our laundry room. Just a thought ;)

(((hugs))) and if I can do ANYTHING, let me know.

Leslie said...

I'm so glad Peace has come for you!!! :-)