Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Letting go of control

That is the theme for this year. I had to let go of control of our anniversary plans and they turned out awesome. I let go of control of my health and look what has happened - yay. Not that control is bad. That isn't the point. But letting go can be a very good exercise.

So my thyroid is off. It is high (which means slow) according to my OB. But the number they gave me isn't high according to my endo (based on past experience on what range she uses) but it is for my GP. So I went to my GP and they said "oops you are pregnant, I ain't touching that". Ok they didn't say that exactly, but anyway. I called the best in town and asked for the range they use. They told me the same that my endo uses. It amazes me that my GP has the most up to date amounts and not these endos.

My Endo's nurse called me yesterday. She said that they received lab results from my OB and that I am high. YAY they believe it too!!!!

I have an appt with my Endo next month. I am to keep doing what I am doing and get my blood tested then and see where I stand. The nurse said "it seems you have flipped from hyper to hypo, it is rare but it can happen". I tried not to laugh and say "of course, I flipped from hypo to hyper in the first place". Bestfriend pointed out "anything is possible with missy".

So I had faith and I let go of control and my Endo came through after all. YAY. My focus is going to be trying to eat healthier and see where I stand. I cannot wait until this sickness is gone so I can be productive and walk again. I know that will help.

No comments: