Saturday, August 23, 2008

thank goodness it is over

Yesterday evening we received a great downpour. In many ways it was surreal. You see we were at Moms and the neighbor kids, when it was only sprinkling, were outside playing in the water running down the road.
Bug saw this and wanted to go out and play. Once we got outside, the big kids were in front of their house. Bug wanted to play with them. I said sure. She started off to the other house like there was no second thought. I convinced her to wait until we asked if it was ok. These are, after all, kids around 7-12 or so.
The middle boy that was playing outside came over and asked if she wanted to play with them. I loved it. Not only that he said her name correctly. He asked his brother and sister if she could play and they agreed. He stuck with her and planned with her so awesomely. He is 9 and so mature and patient. Bug said she loves him. That got Sweetie sighing.
So onto the surreal part. I always played in this same spot with the water coming down the street. My most memorable one was during the flood of 1981. I was four and had the BEST time with the water up to my knees. So I was walking to the corner with bug with our feet in the water. The water puddles up in the same spot. And in spite of the road being redone over the last 28 years, this one spot where it puddles, looks exactly the same as when I was three. It was a lot of fun.

Now to my title. Before we went outside I felt a headache coming on. I took medicine and went out to play. I came back in and it was worse. It had me in tears. Sweetie got me food, hoping it would help. Nothing helped. It was a tension headache worse than a migraine. I couldn't lay my head down without pain. I almost went to the ER. It was so bad that I slept on the couch. I don't know how late it was that I finally fell asleep, but I did. Headache gone for the most part. Now I pray it doesn't get any worse.

2 comments:

Leslie said...

Yikes! I used to get real BAD headaches when I was preggers. Hope you are feeling better!

Kami said...

I had to go to the hospital with one with I was pregnant. Not fun! I hope it stays away for you!!!